Healthy brain function is essential for optimal wellness, but conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and concussions are emerging as critical concerns for our health care system. as conventional medicine searches for solutions, cutting-edge research is starting to show that nutrients and herbal extracts may have beneficial effects on memory and brain function.
Top Supplements to Boost Brain Function:
- Fish oils high in DHA
- Turmeric (bioavailable forms)
- Vitamins D and E
- B vitamins (especially B12)
- Bilberry (anthocyanins)
Did You Know?
- Most concussions do not involve a loss of consciousness.
- Sports-related concussions do not show evidence of damage on MRI or CT scans.
- Across the same sports, girls have higher rates of concussions.
Hrkal, Paul ND (2019) Maintain a Healthy Brain Sage: A Healthy Living Magazine