Metabolic syndrome is a cluster of conditions that occur together, increasing your risk of heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes.
Having metabolic syndrome increase your chances of getting heart disease. Heart disease includes coronary heart disease it is often caused by the buildup of plaque, a waxy substance, inside the lining of larger coronary arteries. This buildup can partially or totally block blood flow in the large arteries of the heart
To have the diagnosis of metabolic syndrome. A patient has to have 3 out of 5 of these following conditions.
- Elevated waist circumference Men greater then 40 inches.
- Elevated Triglycerides: greater then 150
- Reduced HDL cholesterol: less than 40mg/dl for men and less than 50mg/dl for woman
- Elevated Blood Pressure: greater then 130/85 mm Hg
- Elevated Fasting Glucose: greater then 100 mg/dl
I like this diagram, it puts together how many diseases can link together to cause another condition.
How do you treat Metabolic syndrome? It’s hard to but easy to answer. Get Healthy
- Start to exercise. Walking 30 minutes a day is great way to start.
- Get adjusted to ensure your body is functioning the best it can.
- Improve your diet. Eating plenty of vegetables, fruits, lean protein and whole grains. A Purification Program is a great way to jump start your weight loss. I like the Purification Program from Standard Process.
- Learn how to cook health meals.
- Limiting saturated fat and salt in your diet
- Lose weight
- Drink water instead of soda or fruit juices
- If you smoke, stop.
- Reduce alcohol consummation. Start with a 30 day alcohol free challenge and go from there.